MY WRITING ROOM:
* We moved into our house at the end of April and my writing room is finished 😉
*Little Read Reviewer- Intriguing Review- Love Minus Eighty- Will McIntosh- http://littleredreviewer.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/love-minus-eighty-by-will-mcintosh/#comment-8215
* Entertainment Weekly- The YA novel Divergent Is Becoming a Movie- http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/06/19/this-weeks-cover-divergent-first-look/ (I really enjoyed Divergent & Insurgent is waiting patiently on my bookshelf for me to read 😉
* Huff Post- Best Summer Books & Their Corresponding Drinks- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/20/summer-books-_n_3472844.html?utm_hp_ref=books (One of which is Love Minus Eighty paired with a frozen margarita).
* Salon- Will Reading Make You Rich? http://www.salon.com/2013/06/21/will_reading_make_you_rich/
*Rebekah Wolveire- Seeking Beta Readers for book 1 of Vampire series- http://rebekahwolveire.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/seeking-beta-readers-forbook1-of-vampire-series/
* Kristen Lamb- Should Authors Write Bad Book Reviews?- http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/should-authors-write-bad-book-reviews/
*Book Store Book Blogger Connection- http://bookstorebloggerconxn.com/ (Fabulous idea!!!!)
*Win a Contract to Write a Dark Crystal Novel: http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/win-a-contract-to-write-a-dark-crystal-novel_b72556
*Hunt County Writers Retreat- July 5 &6- Middlesburg, VA- http://huntcountrysuspense.com/WritersRetreat2013.html?et_mid=624399&rid=234710119
Author Interview Questions:
* Jen Wylie’s Blog: http://jlwylie.wordpress.com/2011/02/12/brainstorm-interesting-author-interview-questions/#comment-3629 (Jen’s post helped me think of author interview questions 😉
* Ky Grabowski- Would You Like to Be Featured on Ky’s Blog? – http://kygrabowski.wordpress.com/monthly-billboard/
* One of my favorite poems:
Self Pity- D.H. Lawrence:
I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.
* The Novel Reviewer- How to Keep Motivated When Writing- http://www.thenovelreviewer.com/how-to-keep-motivated-when-writing/
* B-day gifts from my best friend Danielle which includes a purse hook that says Keep Calm and Have A Cupcake 😉
* Florida Georgia Line- Crusie- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PvebsWcpto “Baby you a song You make me wannna roll my windows down and cruise.”
* Movie – The Place Beyond the Pines- Ryan Gosling, Eva Mendes, Bradley Cooper. I was looking forward to this one but was disappointed. I wouldn’t watch this again.
* Movie- Stoker- Nicole Kidman, Mia Wasikowska, Matthew Goodeman. Not my cup of tea, even though I appreciate artistic movies. I wouldn’t watch this again.
* Movie- The Call- Halle Berry, Abigail Breslin. This one was a pleasant surprise. I might watch this again.
* My Schmom’s Lasagna – I nicknamed my mom “Schmom” after the Sheetz breakfast sandwich. 😉
* A whole lot of goodness from Great Harvest Bakery
* This weekend my parents visited from Pennsylvania. My dad made a campfire in my backyard and we made mountain pies (take 2 pieces of white bread and fill with anything you desire. We made pizza ones- sauce, cheese, pepperoni and apple pie ones – apple pie filling). And of course we made S’mores. 😉
* Bitten by a zillion mosquitoes 😦