How much do you know about social media?
* Tomorrow I’m going into a few classes to talk to my students about social media and I decided to create a quiz for them b/c who doesn’t love a quiz on the last full day of school?! (I found this information on various internet sites including SlideShare, YouTube, JeffBullus.com, & HubSpot)
1. What is an internet troll?
A. A mythical creature originally from Scandinavia
B. Someone who sits under a bridge stealing WiFi
C. Someone who posts comments to blogs or internet forums that are calculated to upset, disgust or anger other people. (A.K.A. former actress and wanna-be rapper, Amanda Bynes)
2. What is the most popular social media in the US?
3. What is Foursquare?
A. A type of pattern on golfer’s socks.
B. A social network in which users share their locations with friends.
C. Firm and unwavering conviction; “a foursquare refusal to yield”.
4. Which celebrity has the most Twitter followers?
A. Lada Gaga
B. Justin Bieber
C. Barack Obama
5. How many hours of video footage are uploaded to YouTube every minutes?
A. Seven hours
B. Twelve hours
C. Thirty-Five hours
6. What is the average number of friends that someone has on Facebook?
7. How much time does the average American teenager spend on social media per day?
A. 3.8 hours
B. 2.4 hours
C. 1.5 hours
8. Do men or women spend more time on social media?
9. What is the most addictive social media site?
10. Which political group of people use Twitter the most?
11. What percentage of people ages 18-24 use social media while in the bathroom?
12. How many Tweets are sent per day?
A. 100 million
B. 25 million
C. 450 million
13. How many Facebook users have zero privacy settings?
14. The average Twitter user follows (or is followed by)
A. 51 people
B. 33 people
C. 90 people
15. How many people in the US use the internet?
A. 206. 2 million
B. 305 million
C. 175 million
16. Which athlete was googled the most in 2012?
1. Swimmer Michael Phelps
2. Basketball player Jeremy Lin
3. Football player Peyton Manning
17. Which celebrity or celebrities was googled the most in 2012?
A. Band One Direction
B. Princess Kate Middleton
C. Singer Whitney Houston
18. Which movie was googled the most in 2012?
A. The Avengers
C. The Hunger Games
18. Which image was googled the most in 2012?
1. Band One Direction
2. Selena Gomez
3. Justin Bieber
19. Who is the most googled celebrity in the world?
A. Justin Bieber
B. Lady Gaga
20. How many people in the US have an internet addiction?
A. 1 in 5
B. 1 in 8
C. 1 in 10
21. Do more male or female teens prefer to shop online?
22. Which website makes the most money?
23. What is the most popular Facebook game?
A. Candy Crush saga
C. Pet Rescue Saga
24. What song lyrics were googled the most in 2012?
A. Boyfriend- Justin Bieber
B. Payphone- Maroon 5
C. Gangnam Style – PSY
25. What song has the most YouTube hits ever?
A. Gangnam Style- PSY
B. Justin Bieber- Baby
C. Jennifer Lopez fet. Pitbull- On the Floor
1. C – Someone who posts comments…
2. B- Facebook- 58% of Americans have a Facebook account ( 15% have Twitter, 12% Instagram)
3. B- A social network or C- which is the definition of FourSquare
4. B- Justin Bieber – 40 million (Lady Gaga has 37.9, Barack Obama has 32.2)
5. C- 35 hours
6. B- 300 friends (I’m below average with only 288, ha!)
7. A- 3.8 hours
8. B. Women
9. C. Facebook (23% of Facebook users check their account at least 5 times per day)
10. A. Democrats
11. B. 33% (Is using social media in the bathroom weird? Cause I do this, too!)
12. C. 450 million
13. C. 25% (Yikes!)
14. A. 51 people
15. A. 206.2
16. B. Jeremy Lin
17. C. Whitney Houston
18. C. The Hunger Games
19. One Direction
20. B. Lady Gaga
21. B. 1 in 8 (including me, clearly!)
22. B. Males
23. C. Amazon
24. A. Candy Crush Saga (It really is fun!)
25. C. Gangnam Style PSY
26. A. Gangnam Style- PSY